Police Interrogations for Experienced Criminal Suspects
MISSOURI P.O.S.T. APPROVED FOR 8 HOURS CLEE the following topics: 2 hours Legal Studies, 2 hours Interpersonal Skills, and 4 hours Technical skills.
It’s no secret that every law enforcement officer must be a good interrogator. Until recently, the accusatory method has been the most popular approach, but it’s also the most problematic. No method is more vulnerable to attack in courts than the accusatory or confrontational approach. Furthermore, the confrontational style, with its heavy reliance on tricks and gimmicks, is less likely to work against suspects and criminals who are already experienced with the criminal justice system. Thankfully, there’s better way.
Drawn from law enforcement, military, and other questioning disciplines, Police Interrogations for Experienced Suspects will help you get to the truth and preserve it for evidence in a court of law.
Through the use of lecture, video, and practical exercises, you will learn:
· 5 Keys to becoming a more effective interrogator
· The role convict culture plays in structuring your questions and building rapport
· How to Use Information & Collection Goals strategically, so that your interview is valuable even if suspect doesn’t confess!!!
· Detecting Deception in Others: Why Everyone Gets it Wrong (and How You Can Get it Right)
· How to make a good interrogation GREAT with 1 simple tip
· AND More...
This course is designed for law enforcement officers, investigators, and supervisors who must interrogate suspects who have experience with the criminal justice system.
THIS COURSE IS POST APPROVED FOR 8 HOURS OF CLEE CREDIT BY THE MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY.
Date and Time: May 5, 2022, 0800-1700 hours.
Location: O'Fallon Police Department, O’Fallon Police Department, 1019 Bryan Road, O’Fallon, MO 63366
QUESTIONS: Phone: 479-871-7580 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTOR: Mark Booher spent over 5 years in the United States Army serving in an interrogator platoon where he studied both the US and British methods of interrogation and debriefing. Mark is Certified Close Protection Specialist and has attended counter-terrorism and security training with members of the Israeli Defense Forces, British, and other multi-national forces.
Following military service, Mark attended studied at the University of Arkansas - School of Law and spent six years as a Deputy District Attorney where he prosecuted thousands of felony and misdemeanor cases ranging from murder, robbery, and sex crimes. Mark has trained over a thousand individuals from the law enforcement, military, and private sector on the topics of intelligence and security operations and is a contributor to The Counter-Terrorist Magazine.
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment of this course.
- Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment. At the discretion of Barritus Defense, credit for the amount paid may be issued toward a future course.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
- Check made payable to: Rubicon Training Group, LLC, P.O. Box 3311, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72702
- Purchase Orders available upon request. Please email email@example.com
- Credit Card payment made online using this registration page.