Defense Against Lone Wolves: What Police Need to Know About Domestic Terrorism OHP
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY THE OKLAHOMA HIGHWAY PATROL.
This course is CLEET certified for 16 hours of credit.
TOPIC: Domestic terror attacks are increasing in frequency and lethality. Here in the West, attacks
in Europe and America are happening so fast it’s hard for security professionals to keep up.
When an attack hits home, it's not the CIA or FBI who are first on the scene, it's the local police.
They are on the front lines saving lives, protecting the scene and securing evidence.
However, the police are also becoming targets as well. With the increase of IED’s, Active Shooter
engagements, and ambush attacks from jihadists and other leftist groups, it’s never been a more
dangerous time to be a police officer.
There’s a misconception that nothing can be done to prevent these attacks, but that’s wrong. The
fact is that local authorities are in a better position to intercept and thwart these domestic attacks
than their federal counterparts. But it takes knowledge. And it takes training.
The best way to prevent an attack is to intercept it before it happens. You can't do that if you don't know what you're looking for.
Utilizing tactics and strategies from the US and other counter-terror methods, this course will cover:
DAY 1: Understanding the Threat
- 5 Myths About Lone Wolves: How politicians and the media are getting our citizens killed
- How terrorists target and plan attacks in your community
- Learn how terrorist recruit and build networks in plain sight
- The connection between global terrorist networks and individual attackers here
- Case studies and lessons from recent attacks
DAY 2: Investigating and Preventing Attacks
- Why police are so often targeted and how to protect yourself
- Threat Recognition and observation, to thwart attacks before they occur
- Cover stories and other deception operations that terrorists use
- Counter Ambush Tactics: seeing the attack before it occurs
- AND MORE….
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
" It helped me to see indicators of hostile intent toward our base or populace." - Joe D., 509th Security Forces, United States Air Force.
"..useful, pertinent, and very educational." - James H., Leawood Police, Kansas
"Eye-opening." - Virginia, Anonymous officer
INSTRUCTOR: Mark Booher is the Director for the Barritus Defense, an intelligence and security training company.
Mark is a veteran of the United States Army where he served in the intelligence and security field conducting force protection and security operations. Mark has deployed or trained with members of several multi-national forces, including with members of the Israeli Defense Force on counter-terrorism and security operations.
After the military, Mark studied law at University of Arkansas and spent 6 years as a deputy district attorney where he conducted numerous jury trials in cases ranging from murder, robbery, and other crimes of violence.
Mark has trained hundreds of members of the military, law enforcement and private sector on intelligence and security operations and is a contributor to The Counter Terrorist Magazine.
LOCATION: Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Robert P. Lester Training Center, 3600 Martin Luther King Ave. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73111
DATES AND TIMES: May 14-15, 2019, 0800hrs-1700hrs.
PRICE: $55 per officer. (Law Enforcement Only)
- Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
- Purchase order requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Credit Card payment
CANCELLATIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS:
- Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment of this course. Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- Substitutions may be made at any time by calling 479-871-7580 or emailing email@example.com.